So You're Starting your Own
eBusiness on the Internet...
In addition to all of the usual issues which arise when you
start a small business, there are
special considerations for the business existing on the ethereal
- Where is your company located? Whose law will apply? Do you
want to be subject to the business laws of foreign countries?
What about taxation in other states?
- What are the ramifications of your contract with your ISP?
Your software provider?
- What if someone else has a trademark on your preferred domain name? What if someone else starts using
a confusingly similar name?
- Do you understand the terms of your agreement with your credit
- What legal requirements apply to the data which you collect from your customers?
These are just a few of the questions which arise for the budding
ebusiness. If you would like to discuss any of these issues, please
call us to arrange for an appointment.
You may also wish to see our website www.wellesleyestateplanning.com for additional information concerning estate planning.
Link to ABA FAQ
The American Bar Association Estate Planning & Probate Section has a FAQ.